Acoustic Breakdown Gone Country

by Hannah Dudley


Country Music: A way of life to many but completely underrated in the UK. I'm going to help change that here as I review and introduce country classics old and new, filtering the trite from the truly brilliant and dispelling your notions that country is corny. A lot of it is, but even then it can be great.


Opinions expressed are all mine and uninfluenced by external factors!

HANNAH DUDLEY on MYSPACE
Subscribe to my feed

Saturday, April 19, 2008

4 Minutes of Lonely Perfection... Rooney

Most days I wake up and within minutes find myself wondering what on earth I'm doing. I'm afraid I'm not one of those people that can put their head down, shield themselves from the wind and reality of life and the daily trawl. But I try to tell myself that's a good thing. The irony is that music is the cause of this pain but it can also be the momentary remedy. When you stumble across that 4 minutes of melodic perfection that transports you somewhere else and let's you absorb yourself into something meaningful about your life, without having to actually live it. This is today's 4 minute perfection - Rooney's 'Tell Me Soon' video. It's an anthemic rock ballad and the video features a little girl dreaming of rock stars in her bedroom when her parents think she's gone to sleep. Sounds familiar...


Watch it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home