Acoustic Breakdown Gone Country

by Hannah Dudley


Country Music: A way of life to many but completely underrated in the UK. I'm going to help change that here as I review and introduce country classics old and new, filtering the trite from the truly brilliant and dispelling your notions that country is corny. A lot of it is, but even then it can be great.


Opinions expressed are all mine and uninfluenced by external factors!

HANNAH DUDLEY on MYSPACE
Subscribe to my feed

Sunday, May 04, 2008

James Taylor: Carolina In My Mind...An all time favourite

This is a mesmerising performance from one of the best songwriters of his generation - and beyond. The song is 'Carolina In My Mind' and it is one of those songs that just made me 'believe' in music, made me believe in its power to take you somewhere safe and beautiful, even if only in your head. It's also the song that made me fall in love with the South and realise that North Carolina has to be one of the most beautiful states, given that it has the most beautiful songs written about it.

If you can listen to this song - and I mean really listen - without feeling your heartbreak, then I don't want to know you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home