Acoustic Breakdown Gone Country

by Hannah Dudley


Country Music: A way of life to many but completely underrated in the UK. I'm going to help change that here as I review and introduce country classics old and new, filtering the trite from the truly brilliant and dispelling your notions that country is corny. A lot of it is, but even then it can be great.


Opinions expressed are all mine and uninfluenced by external factors!

HANNAH DUDLEY on MYSPACE
Subscribe to my feed

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Jewel Album Review in the Wessex Scene, The Wreckers on CMT!


Hi people,

First, sorry for the lack of updates..including the previously promised Jewel videos. I've been crazy busy with uni but WILL make the video available asap.

I also have two The Wreckers video performances to put up. Unfortunately, I'm unable to provide a full album review of The Wreckers' debut, Stand Still, Look Pretty, which suposedly came out on the 22nd May, as it's not available properly here in the UK and me, a poor student, can't affort the extortionate price being asked for it! BUT if you are a little less broke, it IS available from amazon.co.uk and from hmv.co.uk PHENOMENAL tasters of the album are available from their myspace page: www.myspace.com/thewreckers

Also, The Wreckers recently gave a great interview for CMT.com where they talked about life in the band, meanings behind their songs, some juicy secrets - who knew Jessica dated Michelle's brother?! - and whole song samples from the album. PLUS an exclusive acoustic performance of 'Crazy People', one of the best songs on the album!

Click here for the interview

The Wreckers are currently touring with Rascal Flatts in the USA, so if you can GO CHECK THEM OUT!

Now, Jewel: My review of Jewel's latest Goodbye Alice in Wonderland is available online. Go check it out and read my handiwork ;o)

Read the review here!



It's also reported Jewel has filmed the video for her second single 'Good Day'. Her first single 'Again and Again' WAS released here a couple of weeks ago but is rumoured to have barely scraped the top 200. PITIFUL! So, if you're wanting to help the gal out (and entice her over to the UK!) get down to your local music store and buy the single! JEWEL IS WAY BETTER THAN THAT CRAP SANDIE THOM! PLEASE SHOW ME THERE'S STILL HOPE FOR THE BRITISH CHARTS!!!!!

To make up for lack of recent updates, I'm currently compiling my very first blogcast, to contain songs for those wonderful artists that I adore and I'm sure you will/do...just might not know it yet! I'll also be adding info on my fav albums of all time and top 10 songs I wish I wrote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home