STOP PRESS! LONI ROSE IS BACK!!!!

For those of you who have yet to hear of the PHENOMENAL Loni Rose, you are in for a treat!
Hailing from Seattle, Washington, Loni's had songs featured on various US shows and films, notably Roswell and American Pie. Her album Starlight was released in 2001 and is available to buy on Amazon.com. This album is one of my ALL TIME favourites. Its short 7 tracks are all breathtakingly moving and memorable. You might even recognize 'I Never Thought You Would Come' or 'Let Me Go Back'. Loni's version of The Counting Crows' 'Raining In Baltimore' goes down as the best cover version ever in my opinion! Better than the original - and I NEVER say things like that!
All I've ever really been able to find out about Loni is that she's done various folk festival tours in the US (Lilith Fair) and did have an independent album out before Starlight, and possibly also a Christmas album. But I haven't managed to get hold of them (and believe me i've tried!).
There was supposed to be a new album in 2002, entitled Bittersweet Disaster but as far as I'm aware, this was eiter never released or scarcely available. I have spent the last five years sporadically checking her website for updates, and there have been none. No release info, no tours, nothing.
Until a couple of days ago, I checked again and...THERE'S A NEW SITE! A NEW ALBUM! NEW PHOTOS!
The site isn't finished yet. At the moment there's just a page with some photos, mailing list and booking info (I wonder if she'll play at my wedding?!!) and an announcement of her upcoming album Shine.
As soon as I hear any more info on her, I'll let you all know, but for starters, I'm putting up a couple of mp3s of Loni to encourage you to buy her records, join the mailing list and tell all your friends about her!
Her website is: Loni Rose
Her myspace page is: www.myspace.com/lonirose
There aren't any songs on it at the moment but go to the page, check her out, become her 'friend' and bask in the world of Loni!
I generally avoid putting up 'illegal' mp3s but in this case, Loni music is so hard to come by (including through myspace) I hope her management will appreciate the promotion. These will be available for a limited time ONLY!
ENJOY AND SPREAD THE WORD!
Download: I Never Thought You Would Come
Download: Raining In Baltimore












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home