Song of Now - Post 2!
Hope everyone's enjoyed my nostalgic offerings and the soon-to-be-properly-established-new-layout-once-I-get-the-chance ;o)
Here's my second 'Song of Now!' post.
Always a sucker for that gut-wrenching voice, I've been known to fall for a band simply based on the distinctive quality of their lead-singer's warblings. Hey, who doesn't?!!
First up is the beautiful 'Brooklyn' by Jesse Malin, from his debut album The Fine Art of Self Destruction. The track features some guitars and backing vocals from Jesse's uber-talented pal, Ryan Adams. Malin's music stands on its own though, as he tell tales of New York's seedy underbelly from the wry and witty perspective of someone who has spent his life wallowing in its self-gratifying grime.
Brooklyn - Jesse Malin
Now, in a completely different vein, here's 'Anchor' by Cave In from the album Antenna. Pretty rocky for my site (sorry, I also love screamo, rock and metal!) but no one can deny the brilliance of this guitar-driven songwriting:
Anchor - Cave In
Enjoy and let me know what you think. I'll be back soon with more classic tracks to tantalize your little tastebuds with...
Here's my second 'Song of Now!' post.
Always a sucker for that gut-wrenching voice, I've been known to fall for a band simply based on the distinctive quality of their lead-singer's warblings. Hey, who doesn't?!!
First up is the beautiful 'Brooklyn' by Jesse Malin, from his debut album The Fine Art of Self Destruction. The track features some guitars and backing vocals from Jesse's uber-talented pal, Ryan Adams. Malin's music stands on its own though, as he tell tales of New York's seedy underbelly from the wry and witty perspective of someone who has spent his life wallowing in its self-gratifying grime.
Brooklyn - Jesse Malin
Now, in a completely different vein, here's 'Anchor' by Cave In from the album Antenna. Pretty rocky for my site (sorry, I also love screamo, rock and metal!) but no one can deny the brilliance of this guitar-driven songwriting:
Anchor - Cave In
Enjoy and let me know what you think. I'll be back soon with more classic tracks to tantalize your little tastebuds with...












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home