Time to remember great music...

Okay, life can be depressing, but then there’s music. Not just any music…I’m talking GREAT music. The kind that stirs your senses and makes you remember you’re alive.
I got to see the immeasurably talented Ryan Adams again on Monday night at a tiny, 300-person venue called Bush Hall in London. The guy was one metre away and damn did he rock – in his special pseudo-suicidal way.
Delving back through my enormous Ryan Adams archive, I’ve rediscovered what was probably the first live performance of one of Adams’ best songs, ‘Come Pick Me Up’. Recorded live at the Tractor Tavern Seattle, 14th February 2000. There’s about three minutes of banter between Ryan and Kim Richey and Chuck Prophet before the song starts (which is really quiet but then the song is loud) in which Adams reveals “I wrote this today – it probably sucks”.
Enjoy…
Come Pick Me Up (Live in Seattle 14th February 2000)












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home