Acoustic Breakdown Gone Country

by Hannah Dudley


Country Music: A way of life to many but completely underrated in the UK. I'm going to help change that here as I review and introduce country classics old and new, filtering the trite from the truly brilliant and dispelling your notions that country is corny. A lot of it is, but even then it can be great.


Opinions expressed are all mine and uninfluenced by external factors!

HANNAH DUDLEY on MYSPACE
Subscribe to my feed

Monday, February 14, 2011

The Original Great: Hank Williams. So Lonesome I Could Cry

If you've never listened to a Hank Williams song properly, I'm actually really jealous of you, because your life is about to be changed forever. Here's a live performance from 1949 of his UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING classic, I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry.

With an insanely unique voice, Williams achieved greatness, despite dying at the shockingly young age of 29. His performances reflected the pain he endured from illness throughout his short life and along with his appearance, you could be forgiven for thinking he was years older than he actually was. Sit back, listen and be stunned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home