Acoustic Breakdown Gone Country

by Hannah Dudley


Country Music: A way of life to many but completely underrated in the UK. I'm going to help change that here as I review and introduce country classics old and new, filtering the trite from the truly brilliant and dispelling your notions that country is corny. A lot of it is, but even then it can be great.


Opinions expressed are all mine and uninfluenced by external factors!

HANNAH DUDLEY on MYSPACE
Subscribe to my feed

Monday, November 06, 2006

New Song Release....



A bit of shameless self-promotion for you guys tonight. Here's a downloadable mp3 of my latest recording, Reason To Stay. Written/performed/recorded/produced by myself, it's an alt.country-esque acoustic song...to which I'd love to add a bit of country violin when I get the chance! But here it is, in its rawest form.

Enjoy and let me know what you think...


Reason To Stay




Don't forget to check out my myspace: www.myspace.com/hannahsacousticbreakdown

Also, I'd really appriate if you could head over to Popworld Promotes and vote me a 10 (only a 10 vote makes the rating go up): http://www.popworldpromotes.com/pages/artist?0D26626F-4508-4076-B454-DEFB95AFC526

Thanks, really appreciate everyone's support.

Reason To Stay Lyrics:

Baby I didn't mean to make you
Hurt so bad when I left you
I wasn't trying to break your heart
That's something I never thought I'd do.

You always gave me a reason to smile
Even when things got so bad
I couldn't breathe for a while
But now I'm leaving on my own...

(Chorus)
There were days when I'd cry for hours
Trying to make me a river to carry me away,
There were nights when I'd get down on my knees
And ask for a reason,
Lord give me a reason,
I have to find a reason to stay.

I'm gonna tell you something I never
Thought you would ever have to know,
I never stopped dreaming about another
Boy with blue, blue eyes.

There was something about the way he moved me
The sweetest songs he sang,
He always made me feel alive
And he reached me where no one else could...

(Chorus)
There were days when I'd cry for hours
Trying to make me a river to carry me away,
There were nights when I'd get down on my knees
And ask for a reason,
Lord give me a reason,
I have to find a reason to stay.

(Bridge)
I'm so sorry,
Will you ever forgive me?
You were my first love
The only real love I've ever had...
But I'm so sorry,
I can't keep crying,
I can't keep lying.

My soul is so fucked up,
But there's nothing I can do about that...

(Chorus)
There were days when I'd cry for hours
Trying to make me a river to carry me away,
There were nights when I'd get down on my knees
And ask for a reason,
Lord give me a reason,
I have to find a reason to stay.

Baby I didn't mean to hurt you,
That's something I never thought I'd do
But somehow I always knew I would...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home