Acoustic Breakdown Gone Country

by Hannah Dudley


Country Music: A way of life to many but completely underrated in the UK. I'm going to help change that here as I review and introduce country classics old and new, filtering the trite from the truly brilliant and dispelling your notions that country is corny. A lot of it is, but even then it can be great.


Opinions expressed are all mine and uninfluenced by external factors!

HANNAH DUDLEY on MYSPACE
Subscribe to my feed

Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Dave Rawlings Machine Rolls On To Brilliance

Dave Rawlings is sheer genius. Gillian Welch has blown me away ever since I first heard her album The Revelator about five years ago. So for the songwriting duo to join forces in Dave Rawlings Machine is...epic!

I saw them perform at The Troxy last year, along with members of Old Crow Medicine Show (O.C.M.S for short) and was stunned. With all the trite trash that fills the majority of the British charts and venues, it was so refreshing to be able to see a Country band that good in the UK. Most Country artists never tour outside of the US (don't get me started on how long overdue Keith Urban's visit to the UK is!)

The Machine's album 'A Friend Of A Friend' is ah-mazing! Definitely one of the best albums of 2010 and stand out track and opener 'Ruby' is irresistible. The harmonies are gorgeous and it sounds like an old friend.

Enjoy this live performance of the song here:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home